Perfect Parent Syndrome

Well I fell for it, have you? I thought I could do it all, and keep my patience. I thought I could play with my children, teach them good manners, do the housework, cook the meals, and host the playgroups. Ha! Soon enough I found myself getting irritated with my children. Time for a Mommy Break. Found a sitter and took myself to a coffee shop and read a magazine. Came back feeling human again and decided to do that more often.

How about you? Did you also think you could be the perfect parent, remain calm, and always have patience for your children?
Please leave a comment here at Mommy's Joy and tell us about it.

2 comments:

Wanda N said...

Wow, I am so glad I found your blog. I can see I will be getting a lot of good information here. Yes, I have had the perfect parent syndrome and it was hard to admit it. It was hard to admit it to myself and to others. I didn't want to admit that I needed a break from my own children. Now I look forward to my mommy breaks.

Denise R. said...

Hi Wanda,
So glad you found my blog. Welcome. And so glad you are taking regular mommy breaks. Your parenting will improve greatly because of them.